Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva is ‘unable to respond’ to Barcelona transfer rumors


Manchester City star midfielder Bernardo Silva made a big statement about his future amid rumors of the Portuguese joining Barcelona in the summer transfer window. The Catalan giants are believed to be interested in joining Silva and, according to multiple reports, the club had discussions with the 27-year-old footballer’s agent Jorge Mendes.

The former Benfica and Monaco star recorded two important assists for Portugal during the UEFA Nations League match against the Czech Republic on Friday. Following Portugal’s 2-0 win over the Czech Republic, Silva was asked about his chances of joining Barcelona. But Silva did not elaborate.

“Unfortunately, I can’t answer because I’m in the service of the national team and focused on the rest of the game. When the season is over, we’ll see what happens, “he said.

Barcelona may have already expressed their desire to sign Silva but a limited budget could shatter their dreams of getting the services of a Premier League-winning midfielder. Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola is known as a big fan of Silva, making things difficult for the Spanish side.

“If they want it, it’s going to be difficult,” Guardiola said in Mallorca a few days ago. The report, published by Marca, further claims that the initial cost for starting the debate is expected to be 100 million euros. It is also reported that Mendis and Barcelona could not reach an agreement after their dinner last Wednesday.

In the recently concluded season, Silva played a key role in helping Manchester City win the English Premier League title. What makes the Portuguese such a prestigious midfielder is his ability to score goals and his ability to play almost anywhere in the attack, including on both sides.

In the 2021-22 Premier League, Silva scored eight goals and four assists.

The Portuguese were signed by Manchester City from French club Monaco before the 2017-18 season. Silva has played 251 matches for the Manchester-based club so far and has been behind the net 48 times.

Xavi Hernandez wants to reboot his Barcelona squad for next season’s La Liga and Champions League. The Spanish Giants had a terrible season last time and it was trophyless. What made things worse was the fact that eternal rivals Real Madrid won both the Spanish League and the UEFA Champions League.

Read all Fresh news , Breaking news And IPL 2022 Live Updates Here

.



Source link

Leave a Comment