Our ever-changing lifestyle has affected our eyes to a great extent. Earlier, glasses were required only for the elderly. Now, even children need glasses to enhance their vision. People prefer to wear lenses instead of glasses. However, there are some risks associated with it. If you are considering switching from glasses to contact lenses, you should pay attention to the following:
1. Never sleep with lenses: Most people who wear contact lenses make the mistake of forgetting to remove them while sleeping. Sleeping with lenses on reduces the amount of oxygen reaching the eyes and increases the risk of eye infections.
2. Do not use the same lens continuously for long periods of time: It is often claimed that new lenses can be worn for up to 30 consecutive days. But experts believe that you should remove the lenses every day after you’re done using them and before going to bed. This helps extend the life of the lens. Most people use the same lenses for months or even years. But it is not at all good for the eyes. Instead, it is necessary to check from time to time to find out whether the lenses are suitable for your eyes.
3. Wash the lens case regularly: Most of us don’t bother to clean the lens case. They keep using the lenses for months but forget to wash the case. The lens case should be washed with clean water to protect the lens from infection.
Top show video
4. Do not ignore any infection warnings: If you experience any kind of irritation in the eyes after using the lenses or if your eyes become more sensitive to light than usual, you should not ignore it. You should consult an eye specialist immediately to rule out the possibility of an eye infection.
5. Do not use dirty lenses: If your lenses accidentally fall on the floor, do not pick them up and wear them. There are many types of microscopic particles and germs on the ground, which can get stuck in your lenses and cause eye infections.
6. Don’t forget to wash your hands before wearing lenses: Don’t forget to wash your hands and rinse your hands thoroughly with water before putting on the lenses. If you are a woman and prefer to wear makeup with lenses in, be careful when using any kind of spray on the face as it can damage your lenses.
7. Do not wear lenses while swimming or biking: One should always avoid using contact lenses while swimming or riding a bike. While riding a bike, dust particles can enter the eye, which can scratch the lens. It can also cause eye infection.