Raksha Bandhan 2022: Rakshabandhan is incomplete unless sweets are included. This festival is celebrated to maintain the strong and loving relationship between brothers and sisters. On this auspicious day, sisters tie rakhi on their brothers’ wrists and shower love. In return, they give him gifts and vow to protect him and be there for him in everything. While the markets are full of sweets due to the festival, nothing beats making a sweet dish on your own.
Here are some unique barfi recipes that will boost your immunity:
Besan Ki Barfi
- Grind the roasted chickpeas in a grinder to make a coarse mixture.
- After this, pass it through a sieve.
- The next step is to heat 250 grams of desi ghee in a kadai and fry gram flour for about two minutes.
- After this, add 250 grams of powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Once you do this, add two tablespoons of sugar followed by water.
- To get a fluffed texture, keep cooking it.
- Also, cover a plate with butter paper and apply some oil. Spread the mixture immediately after this.
- Wait a few minutes for the mixture to cool down. Garnish it with pistachios and cut barfi pieces.
- Take dry as well as dried coconut and soak it with milk to make it soft.
- Add one tablespoon of ghee in a pan and heat it for a while.
- Add the coconut you have soaked in the pan and saute it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup condensed milk to it and mix it well.
- If you have a sweet tooth and your barfi is extra sweet, add a teaspoon of sugar to the mixture.
- Next step add ½ tsp green cardamom powder in it. Keep stirring the mixture.
- After some time the volume of the mixture will decrease and its consistency will get thinkable.
- Keep stirring until the ghee is released from all sides and the mixture starts to come together.
- Further, place the iced mixture on a greased plate. You can also add walnuts if you wish.
- Wait for the mixture to cool to room temperature and then cut it into pieces to serve.